Stuxnet found in Japan in October – Is Fukushima an unintended consequence of Israel’s hacker attack against Bushehr?
whatreallyhappened: Stuxnet found in Japan in October – Is Fukushima an unintended consequence of Israel’s hacker attack against Bushehr?
March 19, 2011 / Gilad Atzmon
This was posted on Whatreallyhappened, I hope that they are wrong…but knowing Israel, they may as well be spot on…
According to the security company, the virus is designed to target a German-made program often used in systems managing water, gas and oil pipelines. The program is used at public utilities around the world, including in Japan.
Here is a nightmare scenario for you.
1. Israel and the US create Stuxnet.
2. Stuxnet is deployed to wreck Iran’s nuclear power station.
3. But Stuxnet escapes from its intended target and spreads across Asia!
4. As the above article documents, Stuxnet was in Japan last October, presumably still spreading and intended to wreck nuclear power plants.
5. Stuxnet targets the Siemens controller
6. Fukushima uses the Seimens controllers Stuxnet was designed interfere with!
So now the difficulty the Fukushima nuclear plant operators faced in recovering control over their runaway reactors takes on a darker significance. Remember that the first problem following the quake was that the automated shutdown systems failed to operate at some of the reactors, because pumps failed and valves would not open even while running on batteries; the very sorts of mischief Stuxnet supposedly was designed to cause at Iran’s power station.
Did we all just get hacked to death by Israel?
Would anyone reading this in Japan please forward to the Fukushima managers.