Isaac Stone case: YouTube rapper killed and friend’s nose ‘sliced off’

5 August 2014 Last updated at 15:39

Isaac Stone case: YouTube rapper killed and friend’s nose ‘sliced off’

A teenage rapper was murdered and a friend had his nose sliced off with a meat cleaver after someone got “upset” by a YouTube video, a court heard.

Isaac Stone, 19, was chased, trapped and set upon by four men who stabbed him several times in a Bedford street in January, Luton Crown Court was told.

Mohammed Hussain, 22, Rubel Miah, 19, Javed Miah, 21, and Fahim Khan, 20, all deny murder and attempted murder.

The court heard Mr Stone died after his lung was penetrated in the attack.

Prosecutor Vincent Coughlin, QC, said Mr Stone, who performed under the name Dynamikk, was driving his friend Shajidur Rahman and two passengers when they encountered the four defendants in Costin Street at 18:20 GMT on 25 January.

‘Savage street brawl’

He said “perhaps for show” some of the defendants went to Luton to hire a white Range Rover. Back in Bedford they then went to a hardware shop and bought two meat cleavers.

Mr Coughlin said: “These four defendants involved themselves in a fast-moving, violent and savage street brawl.

“[Mr Stone] was punched repeatedly, kicked and stabbed several times. Witnesses say he looked dizzy. His left lung was penetrated and that proved fatal.”

The court was told Mr Rahman also suffered four deep slashes to his head and face, with his nose effectively being cut off.

Costin Street, Bedford The stabbing took place in Costin Street in Bedford town centre

Mr Coughlin said the motive for the attack was not entirely clear, but the day before a music video called Go Missing was posted on YouTube in which Isaac Stone, Shajidur Rahman and others appeared.

He said in the course of the film alcohol was sprayed over the name “Raz” that had been painted on a wall. “It upset someone,” said the prosecutor.

Hussain, of Maitland Road; Rubel and Javed Miah, of Costin Street; and Fahim Khan, of Fenlake Road; all in Bedford; also face two counts of possessing an offensive weapon.

Mr Khan said he was not responsible for the injuries and was acting in self-defence. The other defendants declined to comment when questioned by detectives.

The trial continues.

Leave a Reply