Russian Almaz-Antey Delivers MH17 Report (VIDEO)
Russian Almaz-Antey Delivers MH17 Report (VIDEO) © AFP 2015/ BULENT KILIC
10:09 13.10.2015(updated 10:54 13.10.2015) Get short URL
Russian arms manufacturer Almaz-Antey presents the results of its own report into an alleged missile launch that may have downed the MH17 Malaysian Airlines plane over eastern Ukraine.
The investigation results confirm that MH17 was taken down from an area under control of the Ukrainian forces. “Today we can say for sure that if the Boeing was downed with a Buk missile, then it was with a 9M38 from the populated area of Zaroschenskoye,” Yan Novikov CEO of the Buk missile system producer Almaz-Antey CEO said Tuesday during a briefing in Moscow.
The full-scale experiment demonstrates that MH17 could have been taken down by an even earlier missile modification than previously supposed, he added.
“During the experiment it became perfectly clear that, if MH17 was brought down by a BUK-M1 missile, that was the 9M38 missile, which has no strike elements shaped as I-beam,” Novikov said.
The report is presented Tuesday in Moscow by Almaz-Antey CEO Yan Novikov and adviser to head engineer Mikhail Malyshevsky.
The same day the Dutch Safety Board is expected to issue the results of its investigation into the incident.
The Boeing 777 was en route to Kuala Lumpur from Amsterdam when it was downed in the skies over eastern Ukraine on July 17 last year. All 298 people on board, including 80 children and 15 crew members were killed.