Russian deputy PM comes back to Moscow from Moldova despite Ukraine's demarche

10 May 2014, 17:43

Russian deputy PM comes back to Moscow from Moldova despite Ukraine’s demarche

Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin said he had returned to Moscow from Moldova even though his plane had been forced by Ukrainian interceptors to fly back to Chisinau.

“Ukrainian interceptor aircraft forced our plane to make a U-turn,” Rogozin wrote in his Twitter account on Saturday, May 10.

Several minutes later he added “But the defense industry has its own trails. I am already in Moscow. And the [Kiev] junta left in the basket.” To prove his words, Rogozin posted a photo of himself against the building of Moscow’s Domodedovo airport.

The Russian Embassy in Chisinau told TASS that Rogozin must have travelled to Russia by a regular flight and was not on the plane intercepted over Ukraine.

Rogozin’s plane had to return to Chisinau on after having flown into Ukraine’s airspace on the way to Moscow.
The plane, Yak-42 of the Rusjet airline, tail number 9602, flew out of Chisinau about 50 minutes ago, entered Ukraine’s airspace, flew several kilometers farther, made a u-turn and flew back to Chisinau, according to the Flightradar-24 air traffic monitoring system.

His plane has now safely landed in Chisinau.

Ukraine closed its airspace for flights to and from Crimea and landings in Sevastopol since the peninsula’s accession to Russia in March of this year. The airspace over Crimea is now controlled by Russia and its aviation authorities.

Ukraine closes airspace to Russian Deputy PM’s plane en route to Chisinau

Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin’s plane en route to Chisinau was not allowed to enter Ukraine’s airspace on Thursday, May 8, and had to take a detour via Bulgaria and Romania, Itar-Tass reports.

“As it turned out, it will take four and a half hours to get to Chisinau via Bulgaria and Romania. Ukraine is not letting us in,” Rogozin wrote on Twitter.

“It’s good that Ukraine is not Russia. Otherwise, the bypass would have taken 20 hours or so,” he added.

Leave a Reply