Zionist Terrorist US military launches airstrikes in Yemen

US military launches strikes in Yemen, citing retaliation

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:10AM

The US military has launched strikes on the impoverished Yemen’s radar sites, citing retaliation for failed attacks on American warships, the Pentagon says.

The Pentagon claimed that three radar sites had apparently been destroyed early on Thursday.

It further branded the move as “limited self-defense strikes,” meant to protect American personnel, ships and freedom of navigation.

“These limited self-defense strikes were conducted to protect our personnel, our ships, and our freedom of navigation in this important maritime passageway,” Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook said. “The United States will respond to any further threat to our ships and commercial traffic, as appropriate.”

Authorized by US President Barack Obama, the strikes mark the first direct involvement by the US forces in the Muslim country.


US military launches strikes in Yemen, citing retaliation

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:10AM

The US military has launched strikes on the impoverished Yemen’s radar sites, citing retaliation for failed attacks on American warships, the Pentagon says.

The Pentagon claimed that three radar sites had apparently been destroyed early on Thursday.

It further branded the move as “limited self-defense strikes,” meant to protect American personnel, ships and freedom of navigation.

“These limited self-defense strikes were conducted to protect our personnel, our ships, and our freedom of navigation in this important maritime passageway,” Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook said. “The United States will respond to any further threat to our ships and commercial traffic, as appropriate.”

Authorized by US President Barack Obama, the strikes mark the first direct involvement by the US forces in the Muslim country.

Earlier on Wednesday, the USS Mason, a guided-missile destroyer came under attack for the second time in four days, Cook said.

On Tuesday, the US military vowed to retaliate after the USS Mason and the USS Ponce, an amphibious warfare ship, were allegedly targeted in a failed missile attack from territory in the Red Sea off the coast of Yemen on Sunday.

“Counterstrike, retaliatory strike: I can tell you that those things are things that we are looking at,” said Captain Jeff Davis, a Pentagon spokesman.

The US military has been providing logistic and surveillance support to Saudi Arabia in its military aggression against Yemen, the kingdom’s impoverished southern neighbor, which has killed more than 10,000 Yemenis since its onset in March 2015.

Washington has on several occasions criticized the Saudi regime for its crimes against humanity in Yemen, but has shown no sign of ending its support for Riyadh.

According to a report published by The Intercept on Monday, the United States and Britain are fully aware of the civilian nature of Saudi Arabia’s targets in Yemen and yet continue to provide the regime in Riyadh with weapons and intelligence required to hit them.

London and Washington “have indiscriminately and at times deliberately” led Saudi warplanes to strike civilian targets in Yemen during the kingdom’s months-long military aggression against its southern neighbor.


Retaliation against Yemen could drag US into ‘another quagmire’

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:15AM

The US military’s promise to retaliate for a missile attack that barely missed American warships in the Red Sea off the coast of Yemen could drag the country into “another quagmire” after Afghanistan and Iraq, an analyst says.

Michael Maloof made the remarks in an interview with Press TV on Wednesday, while commenting on remarks by Captain Jeff Davis, a Pentagon spokesman who said on Tuesday that the US was busy designing a counterstrike following the Sunday attack.

According to the Pentagon, the USS Mason, a guided-missile destroyer, and the USS Ponce, an amphibious warfare ship, were targeted in a failed missile attack from the Yemeni territory, but neither of the two missiles hit the warships.

“We want very much to get to the bottom of what happened,” said Davis. “We’re going to find out who did this and we will take action accordingly.”

According to Maloof, retaliation could be considered as a normal response as the US ships were in international waters. However, he noted, they were engaged in a naval blockade in support of the Saudi aggressors, which makes the Yemenis’ attack “fair game, and understandable.”

Following the attack, the US military is specifically looking into “counterstrike, [or] retaliatory strike,” as put by Davis.

The Washington-based analyst argued that retaliation could “raise the ante” for the US, “heighten tensions,” and create more hostility against the country.

More than 10,000 people have died since the Saudi kingdom launched its campaign to crush Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah movement and their allies and reinstate the resigned president, Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, a staunch ally of Riyadh.

“The United States should never have been involved in the Yemeni crisis,” as it did for “political reasons,” Maloof said.

White House National Security Council spokesman Ned Price said on Saturday that the US support for the monarchy is not “a blank check.”

Leave a Reply